The Israel Guide Dog Centre is dedicated to improving the quality of life of blind and visually impaired Israelis. We provide them with mobility, independence, self-confidence and companionship through the faithful assistance of guide and service companion dogs specially trained in Hebrew to meet Israel’s rigorous and challenging environment.
Founded in 1991, the Israel Guide Dog Centre operates the only internationally accredited guide dog programme in the country. We are members of the International Guide Dog Federation.
Today in Israel there are:
- 24,000 blind and visually impaired people,
- 15,000 suffering from autism and
- Between 5%-8% of combat soldiers suffering from PTSD
How we achieve our mission
- Breeding and training the best quality dogs possible
- Matching trained dogs with the correct client every time
- Providing the funding for every partnership so that there is no charge to the client ever
- Promoting the needs of our clients and the Centre to ensure that we will have the resources needed to continue our mission